geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Christoph Sturm" <christoph.st...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problem looking up connection factory from a war
Date Sun, 11 Jun 2006 18:07:24 GMT
Thanks, that did the trick for me.

Now i am experiencing the next problem:

I have created queues for my app in the console, and deployed the plan
that it created.

the plan for the queues looks like this:

<connector xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector-1.1">
    <dep:environment
xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
        <dep:moduleId>
            <dep:groupId>my.group</dep:groupId>
            <dep:artifactId>queues</dep:artifactId>
            <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
            <dep:type>rar</dep:type>
        </dep:moduleId>
        <dep:dependencies>
            <dep:dependency>
                <dep:groupId>geronimo</dep:groupId>
                <dep:artifactId>activemq-broker</dep:artifactId>
                <dep:type>car</dep:type>
            </dep:dependency>
        </dep:dependencies>
    </dep:environment>

    <adminobject>
        <adminobject-interface>javax.jms.Queue</adminobject-interface>
        <adminobject-class>org.activemq.message.ActiveMQQueue</adminobject-class>

        <adminobject-instance>
            <message-destination-name>/my/queue/QueueName</message-destination-name>
            <config-property-setting
name="PhysicalName">WtfQueue</config-property-setting>
        </adminobject-instance>

i changed the dependency in my geronimo-web.xml to depend on this file:

    <d:environment>
        <d:dependencies>
            <d:dependency>
                <d:groupId>my.group</d:groupId>
                <d:artifactId>queues</d:artifactId>
            </d:dependency>
        </d:dependencies>
    </d:environment>

And if i try to lookup the queue in my code i get this stacktrace:

    <bean id="testDestination"
        <property name="jndiName">
            <value>/my/queue/QueueName</value>
        </property>
    </bean>

Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException:
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException:
        at com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContext.lookup(RegistryContext.java:90)
        at com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContext.lookup(RegistryContext.java:98)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:347)
        at org.springframework.jndi.JndiTemplate$1.doInContext(JndiTemplate.java:123)

So it seems i cant look up the queue from the global jndi context.
Do i need to map all the queues that i need in geronimo-web.xml and
web.xml to get them into the java:comp/env/ namespace? I would rather
not do that because then i have to define my queuese in 3 different
places. Or am I making a stupid mistake?

thanks, regards
 chris

--
christoph.sturm@gmail.com