geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "William B. Zimmerly" <b...@zimmerly.com>
Subject Writing an article and having nothing but trouble...
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 05:32:46 GMT
Dear Apache Geronimo Group,

I was contracted by IBM to write a series of articles on Apache
Geronimo, but I am still having *nothing but trouble* in building Geronimo
from sources.

Every time that I try to build the project with "maven", "maven new", or
countless other maven commands like "maven m:clean m:clean-repo new", it
fails to build from source.

Errors that I have seen are "302 Errors" where modules the system
is attempting to download are not where it expects them to be, errors
that there are "goals" that cannot be fulfilled for various reasons.

*** HAS ANYONE SUCCESSFULLY DOWNLOADED AND BUILT GERONIMO FROM
    THE FOLLOWING SOURCES? ***

geronimo-tomcat-j2ee-1.0.tar.gz
maven-1.1-beta-2.tar.gz
subversion-1.3.2.tar.gz
j2sdk-1_4_2_11-nb-5_0-linux.bin

If my sources are incorrect, would someone please tell me what sources
can be downloaded that will build Geronimo successfully?

My tests of binary installs work fine -- but my article is about
building from sources too, and so far, it has been a very disappointing
experience. What can be done about this problem? Not being one of
the authors of the Apache Geronimo system -- without having an intimate
knowledge of the system -- what can I do?

I have a Friday, June 30th deadline on my article and after trying to do
so for over a week, I have yet to be able to build this system. I am now
seeking help to know what the secret to building a Geronimo system is.
Please help ... soon!

Sincerely,
Bill