geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "William B. Zimmerly" <b...@zimmerly.com>
Subject Writing an article and having nothing but trouble...
Date Sun, 25 Jun 2006 20:10:22 GMT
Dear Apache Geronimo Group,

I was contracted by IBM to write a series of articles on Apache
Geronimo, but I am having *nothing but trouble* in building Geronimo
from sources.

Every time I try to build the project with "maven", "maven new", or
countless other maven commands like "maven m:clean m:clean-repo new".

In *every* case, the same problem presents itself --> 302 Errors when
Maven tries to pull "plugins" from the Internet. Some come down fine,
but there is always one that prevents me from building the system
successfully. *** HELP!!!! ***

Here are the sources that I am building from:

geronimo-tomcat-j2ee-1.0.tar.gz
maven-1.1-beta-2.tar.gz
subversion-1.3.2.tar.gz
j2sdk-1_4_2_11-nb-5_0-linux.bin

What can be done about this problem? Not being one of the authors of the
Apache Geronimo system -- without having an intimate knowledge of the
system -- what can I do?

I have a Friday, June 30th deadline on my article and after trying to do
so for over a week, I have yet to be able to build this system. I am now
seeking help to know what the secret to building a Geronimo system is.
Please help ... soon!

Sincerely,
Bill