geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Lin Sun" <linsun....@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Anyone got daytrader + derby running in 1.1?
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 03:12:04 GMT
Hi David,

I guess the application project you mean is the daytrader-1.1\modules\derby
module.  Unfortunately, this is the only module that was not built for me
when I invoke "mvn package" from daytrader root directory.

I saw maven 1.1 stuff in the derby module (maven.xml, project.properties and
project.xml) instead of maven 2 pom.xml.  So my guess is that I need to
build it with maven 1.1.  This is a bit weird since the rest of daytrader
modules use maven 2.  The ending result is I tried both maven 2 and maven
1.1 but I could not get the derby module built.  How should I build the
derby module?

Thanks,

Lin

-----Original Message-----
From: David Jencks [mailto:david_jencks@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2006 3:39 PM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Anyone got daytrader + derby running in 1.1?

Our daytrader plans use derby, and there's an "applications" project
to create  jar that contains the derby db all set up ready to use.
However, it needs to get installed into var/derby.  The gbean below
does that.  Note that you need the daytrader-derby-db-VERSION.jar in
your geronimo repo in order to be able to deploy our plans.

If you are using a different db (such as oracle) or have a different
way to set up the derby db you should remove this gbean from your
modified plan.

thanks
david jencks