geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Lin Sun" <>
Subject developing a server wide database connection plan for oracle
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 16:22:43 GMT
Hi there,

I am trying to understand the classloaders for database jdbc drivers in 1.1.
Here's the user scenario I have:  I had a server wide database connection
plan for my oracle database that works with Geronimo 1.0.  If I ran the
upgrader tool, I have the following in the plan:

Since I ran into classloader problems with derby when I had derby jar as the
dependency (see my other post titled "unable to run a simple jsp
application"), is this the right approach for Oracle?   If I have 2
applications that both datasources require oracle classes12-10.jar as the
dependency would I run into similar classloader issue?  Or the datasource of
the second application should depend on the moduleId of the first
datasource?   This seems bad when I uninstall the first datasource.

Please let me know what the best approach is.

TIA, Lin

View raw message