geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Lin Sun" <linsun....@gmail.com>
Subject RE: in-place deployment
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 14:51:38 GMT
Hi Gianny,

Thanks for checking that.  I was expecting to see it under the general
options after I typed deploy.bat to see the usage.   Then I was expecting to
see it after I typed " deploy.bat help deploy".  I did see the option there
but there is no explanation.

Command-line deployer syntax:
    deployer [general options] command [command options]

Help for command: deploy

    deployer deploy [--inPlace] [--targets target;target;...] [module]
             [plan]

        Normally both a module and plan are passed to the deployer.
        Sometimes the module contains a plan, or requires no plan, in
        which case the plan may be omitted.  Sometimes the plan
        references a module already deployed in the Geronimo server
        environment, in which case a module does not need to be
        provided.

        If no targets are provided, the module is deployed to all
        available targets.  Geronimo only provides one target (ever), so
        this is primarily useful when using a different driver.

It is best that we make them consistent as I seldom use the distribute
command.  The other thing is that I found out the --inPlace option only
accept directory name, and doesn't allow for packed module.  It would be
nice to mention this too, if this is true.

Thanks,
Lin