geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Darimont <...@tutorials.de>
Subject Access Geronimos JMX System with JConsole
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 12:53:24 GMT
Hello,

I'm was able to access the JMX Subsystem of Websphere Application Server
Community Edition 1.0.1.1(which ist build on top of geronimo) using the
following code:

package de.tutorials;

import java.util.Arrays;
import java.util.HashMap;
import java.util.Map;

import javax.management.MBeanServerConnection;
import javax.management.remote.JMXConnectorFactory;
import javax.management.remote.JMXServiceURL;

/**
  * @author Tom
  */
public class JMXWebsphereInspector {

     /**
      * @param args
      */
         Map env = new HashMap();
         String[] credentials = new String[] { "system", "manager" };
//default
         env.put("jmx.remote.credentials", credentials);

         MBeanServerConnection connection = JMXConnectorFactory
                 .connect(
                         new JMXServiceURL(

"service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/JMXConnector"),
                         env)
                 .getMBeanServerConnection();

         System.out.println(Arrays.toString(connection.getDomains()));
     }
}

However, if I try to access the JMX Subsystem using JConsole I can
connect but I don't see any MBeans.

The client runs on Sun JDK 1.5.0_05 and the Server runs on IBMs
JDK 1.4.2

My settings
Username: system
password: manager

On the console I can see the following Error Message:

  C:\Documents and Settings\Tom>jconsole
Error when synchronizing with MBeanServer :
javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException:
JMImplementation:type=MBeanServerDelegate

I looked at the mx4j and learned that the mx4j.server.MX4JMBeanServer
registers itself using
new ObjectName("JMImplementation", "type", "MBeanServerDelegate"); in
the Ctor. So the instance should be there...

Any hints?

Kind regards,
Thomas