geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Luke_Ch...@agd.nsw.gov.au
Subject Re: Unable to make secured http request (HttpsURLConnection)
Date Mon, 22 May 2006 23:15:57 GMT
Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the reply. I am using Geronimo 1.0. Is there a way to set
system properties in the administrative console?

Luke

"Aaron Mulder" <ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu>
Sent by: ammulder@gmail.com
23/05/2006 01:07 AM
Please respond to
user@geronimo.apache.org

user@geronimo.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Unable to make secured http request (HttpsURLConnection)

Which Geronimo version are you using?  We may have set the trust cert
keystore in a system property that you'd need to override (or, perhaps
easier, add the Verisign cert in question to the trust store that is
set).  However, the keystore-related stuff changed between 1.0 and
1.1.

Thanks,
Aaron

On 5/21/06, luke@webesse.com <luke@webesse.com> wrote:
> Unable to make secured http request (HttpsURLConnection) from my
Genonimo
> hosted application to a remote server. THe remote server has a VeriSign
> signed certificate which keytool recgonise.
>
> Error message:
> sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to
find
> valid certification path to requested target
>
> I have $JAVA_HOME pointing to /usr/java/jdk1.5.0_04/jre and have
subfolder
> /lib/security with cacerts file.
>
> Any idea? Thanks.
>
> Luke

Please consider our environment before printing this email.

This email and any attachments may be confidential and contain privileged
 information. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use,
disclose, copy or distribute this communication. If you have received
this message in error please delete and notify the sender. When communicating
by email you consent to the monitoring and recording of that correspondence.

The Attorney General's Department of NSW promotes a Just and Safe Society.
Visit us at http://www.lawlink.nsw.gov.au