geronimo-user mailing list archives

From ian.d.stew...@jpmchase.com
Subject Re: Docs for 1.1?
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 14:02:45 GMT
Speaking of Confluence, Hernan e-mailed me offlist with the URL to the
Confluence documentation for Geronimo 1.1:

http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/GERONIMO/Apache+Geronimo+V1.1+-+Documentation

I will be adding to that as time and knowledge permit, but I'm sure
contributions from others will not be turned down... :)

It's better to be hated for who you are
than loved for who you are not

Ian D. Stewart
Phone: (614) 244-2564
Pager: (888) 260-0078

                      Erin Mulder

                      <meara@alumni.pri        To:       user@geronimo.apache.org

                      nceton.edu>              cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: Docs for 1.1?

                      05/17/2006 08:42

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      user

ian.d.stewart@jpmchase.com wrote:
> - Need a Getting Started document

For what it's worth, I've been putting together a free "Geronimo
Cookbook" with very short tutorials on a lot of the basics.  I'm hoping
to finish it up in time for the 1.1 release.

You can see a few screenshots at:

http://www.geronimocookbook.org/screenshot.jpg
http://www.geronimocookbook.org/screenshot-ports.jpg
http://www.geronimocookbook.org/screenshot-deploy.jpg

(The content is actually live at the main geronimocookbook.org URL, but
the fonts/layout still look crappy on Windows so I'm shy about
publishing a direct link yet.  I need to get access to a Windows machine
so that I can tweak the CSS.  I also need to update the videos to cover
1.1.)

I'd be happy to donate all of this to the project if we can keep it in
its offbeat HTML format.  My goal is to make it easy/enticing for
Geronimo beginners to get to the point where they'll be ready to look
through more detailed documentation (which doesn't need all the fancy
formatting and very rightly lives in Confluence).

Cheers,
Erin