geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Zakharov, Vasily M" <vasily.m.zakha...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Changing Derby transaction isolation level
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 22:29:57 GMT
Stanley,

Thank you very much for the details.

Well, I'll continue fighting with TranQL connectors then, to make them
set the proper level. :)

 Vasily

-----Original Message-----
From: Stanley Bradbury [mailto:Stan.Bradbury@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 11:18 PM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Changing Derby transaction isolation level

Zakharov, Vasily M wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> Can I somehow change the transaction isolation level for built-in
Derby
> database?
>
> The "DB Info" page in Geronimo console states:
>
> Default Transaction Isolation   dirty reads are prevented;
> non-repeatable reads and phantom reads can occur
>
> and I'd like to somehow change it to "dirty reads and non-repeatable
> reads are prevented; phantom reads can occur".
>
> Is it possible?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Vasily Zakharov
> Intel Middleware Products Division

The default transaction isolation level for Derby is READ_COMMITTED.
This can be overriden on an per-connection basis using the Derby SQL
statement:  SET [CURRENT] ISOLATION = <desired isolation>
or by invoking the desired transaction isolation method of
java.sql.Connection.

There is more information about Derby isolation levels at:

 http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.1/devguide/cdevconcepts22300.html