geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Zakharov, Vasily M" <vasily.m.zakha...@intel.com>
Subject EJB external lookup question
Date Sat, 06 May 2006 10:49:15 GMT
Hi, all,

How should I configure JNDI for an application (running on a JVM other
than Geronimo), for its InitialContext to be able to locate EJBs
deployed in Geronimo by their <ejb-name> names?

For now I use the following:

-Djava.naming.factory.initial=org.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFac
tory
-Djava.naming.provider.url=geronimo.host:4201

and when I call "new InitialContext()", at that line I get the following
exception:

javax.naming.AuthenticationException: Cannot read the response from the
server (OEJP/2.0) : null;
	nested exception is: java.io.EOFException
	at
org.openejb.client.JNDIContext.authenticate(JNDIContext.java:196)
	at
org.openejb.client.JNDIContext.getInitialContext(JNDIContext.java:181)
	at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(Unknown
Source)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(Unknown Source)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(Unknown Source)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at <my application>

Could anybody please tell what I may be doing wrong?

This question is important for SPECjAppServer2004 enabling on Geronimo.

Thank you very much!

Vasily Zakharov
Intel Middleware Products Division