geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kailash Vasani <Kaila...@quinnox.com>
Subject RE: Stuck in deploying MDB
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 04:45:44 GMT
Weblogic server would allow you to do the same thing.

-----Original Message-----
From: ammulder@gmail.com
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Sent: 5/22/06 8:17 PM
Subject: Re: Stuck in deploying MDB

A normal "J2SE" application client can't look up JMS resources in the
server like this.  You have two choices:

1) Make it a proper J2EE application client that runs in the J2EE
client container

2) Change the way you're trying to connect to the ActiveMQ server

Any thoughts on which way you want to go?

Thanks,
    Aaron

On 5/22/06, Anshuk Chinmoy Pal Chaudhuri
<Anshuk_PalChaudhuri@infosys.com> wrote:

> Thanks Shai.
> It worked and the MDB got deployed.
> But I am having some kind issue in context with the JMS Client.
> Here is the client code:
>

> public class JMSClient {
>
> public final static String JNDI_FACTORY =
> "org.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory";
>
> public final static String URL = "tcp://localhost:61616";
>

> private static Context jndiContext = null;
>
> private static QueueConnectionFactory factory = null;
>
> private static Queue receiveQueue = null;
>
> private static final String QueueName =
>
> "QueueRequest";
>
> /*private static final String FactoryName =
>
> "DefaultActiveMQConnectionFactory";*/
>

> public static Context getInitialContext() throws NamingException {
>

> if(jndiContext == null){
>
> Hashtable properties = new Hashtable();
>
> properties.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,JNDI_FACTORY);
>
> properties.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, URL);
>
> properties.put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL,"geronimo");
>
> properties.put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS,"geronimo");
>
> jndiContext = new InitialContext(properties);
>
> }
>
> return jndiContext;
>
> }
>
> /**
>
> * @param args
>
> */

> // TODO Auto-generated method stub
>
> QueueConnection queueConn = null;
>
> QueueSession queueSess = null;
>
> TextMessage myMessage = null;
>
> QueueSender queueSender = null;
>

> try {
>
> jndiContext = getInitialContext();
>
> ActiveMQConnectionFactory ac = new ActiveMQConnectionFactory(URL);
>
> receiveQueue = (Queue)
>
> jndiContext.lookup(QueueName);
>
> queueConn = ac.createQueueConnection();
>
> queueSess = queueConn.createQueueSession(false,
>
> Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
>
> queueSender = queueSess.createSender(receiveQueue);
>
> myMessage = queueSess.createTextMessage();
>
> myMessage.setText("Sample Message");
>
> queueSender.send(myMessage);
>
> queueSender.close();
>
> queueSess.close();
>
> queueConn.close();
>
> }
>
> catch (Exception e) {
>
> e.printStackTrace(System.out);
>
> }
>
> }
>
> }
>
> Its throwing that couldn't find the Queue with the name
"QueueRequest". What
> I want to know is that all the configuration for the client is correct
or
> not?
>
> Warm Regards,
> Anshuk Pal Chaudhuri