geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 1.1 and Apache Geronimo Development and Deployment
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 19:37:44 GMT

On May 4, 2006, at 8:08 AM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> I need someone else to jump in here.  I know there's an "upgrade"
> module in the source tree that deals with upgrading from 1.0 to
> 1.1. I don't know how you run it, or whether it's run automatically
> when it
> sees a 1.0 plan.

There's some code in the upgrade module, and we've been using it in
the tck effort, so it works on quite a few plans, but it is not yet
available in the form of a standalone tool or as part of normal
deployment.

I'm not entirely sure what the best way of exposing it is.  The
upgrader will not be able to upgrade all 1.0 plans: some manual work
will be required on sufficiently complex plans.  For this reason I'm
tempted to supply it as a command line tool.  However we might be
able to hook it up to normal deployment, but I worry that this may
slow everyone down and on non-upgradable plans produce hard to fix
problems.

thanks
david jencks