geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Headless Java Application Deployment?
Date Fri, 26 May 2006 22:33:03 GMT
OK, well, you could certainly deploy the "headless apps" as GBeans --
or at least, deploy a GBean that starts the app when the GBean starts
and stops it when the GBean stops (and perhaps hooks it up to some JMS
resources or JDBC pools).  You could then create an EAR containing the
web apps, the JDBC/JMS resources, and the GBean definitions.  Though I
don't know how you can package an arbitrary JAR (containing the
headless application code) in an EAR, so it might be easier to put all
the J2EE and JDBC/JMS stuff in an EAR and put the headless
applications in a separate JAR that just depends on the EAR.

If you need help with the GBeans, let's start by sketching out what
GBeans you need and what each one should do.

Thanks,
    Aaron