geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Version 1.1 Preliminary Build 20060502 Available for Testing and Feedback
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 15:46:26 GMT
Ian,

Right now, you need to use the embedded version of Tomcat or Jetty
included with Geronimo.

We are planning to release a lightweight version of Geronimo --
"Little G" -- that is a pretty minimal web container distribution (no
EJB, CORBA, JMS, etc.).  If you're using Little G you'll be able to
upgrade it on the fly to add back some of those missing features (to
get to web+JMS, for example).  But using a prexisting Tomcat or Jetty
installation hasn't been on our radar so far.

Thanks,
    Aaron

On 5/3/06, ian.d.stewart@jpmchase.com <ian.d.stewart@jpmchase.com> wrote:
> Matt,
>
> Is it possible to configure Geronimo to use an existing Tomcat (or Jetty)
> installation, or do we have to use the embedded version?
>

> Thanks,
> Ian
>
> It's better to be hated for who you are
> than loved for who you are not
>
> Ian D. Stewart
> Appl Dev Analyst-Advisory, DCS Automation
> JPMorganChase Global Technology Infrastructure
> Phone: (614) 244-2564
> Pager: (888) 260-0078
>

>                       Matt Hogstrom
>                       <matt@hogstrom.or        To:       dev@geronimo.apache.org,
user@geronimo.apache.org
>                       g>                       cc:
>                                                Subject:  Version 1.1 Preliminary Build
20060502 Available for Testing and Feedback