geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Santosh Koti" <Santosh_K...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: Problem with Geronimo 1.0, PreparedStatements, pools and MaxDB
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 17:39:57 GMT

Mario,

I agree that is not a solution , but atleast it points out that the problem is cornered around
TranQL ?? . (That's what I suspect !! If so, then look smething on transQL config, or may
need to chk for next release :)

Time for the gurus to dive in here !! :)

Thanks,
Santosh.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mario Rübsam [mailto:mr@coderesearch.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 10:55 PM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Problem with Geronimo 1.0, PreparedStatements, pools and MaxDB

Santosh,

Santosh Koti wrote:
> Mario,
>
> Just give another try (of course a wild advise :-))

I did ;)

>  After running the transactions , chk ur DB for any updates, then bring the server down
-> & then chk ur DB, whether commit is happening the moment u trigger the server with
a shutdown event ??

data is committed with shutdown, but that is not a solution

> If so , some configuration needs to be looked at ? !

here is what I did now:

instead of calling:

mConnection.commit()

I did the following:

Statement tStatement = mConnection.createStatement();
tStatement.executeUpdate("COMMIT");

this is dirty but working, all commits are registered on the MaxDB server
this is bypassing all the commit stuff in the Tranql Connection object
and the driver

So I find me now debugging the commit stuff in the Connection instance.

Thanks,
Mario

> Thanks,
> Santosh.
> "Don't talk about yourself; it will be done when you leave. "

the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute
this e-mail or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail
e-mail system.

--
Dipl. Inf. Mario Rübsam
Geschäftsführer