geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Santosh Koti" <Santosh_K...@infosys.com>
Subject Some Performance Problems
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 14:25:30 GMT

Hi Folks,

I was tuning a J2EE app on the Geronimo, but the response time &
pages/sec  appears to be very low (infact unacceptable).

To be exact the figures read : Response time: 4-5 sec

                                            Pages per sec: 0.2-1.4

                                             Load : 25

              (Even for 1 user , it was not very much appreciable ..:-(
)

The same app on other server(s) showed the following figures :

                         Response time: .03 sec

                         Pages per sec: 18-20

                          Load: 25

(PS: The difference looks enormous, I am sure Geronimo is not that bad,
as the figures indicate)

I am trying to figure the sources of any bottlenecks, that is causing
the server with a very slow behaviour.

I am sure some1 would have done such tests earlier. Any
lights/guidelines/pointers/approaches on this..?

As Matt mentioned earlier, I have set my heap size to 1 gb & connection
pools to 60.

PS1: Can some1 point me how tomcat can be configured in the Geronimo (I
guess it is not as st forward as it is , when used in isolation).

In my config.xml I added the following stuff:

            ---------------Begin- Listing-----------------

<gbean name="TomcatWebConnector">

      <attribute name="host">0.0.0.0</attribute>

      <attribute name="port">port</attribute>

      <attribute name="redirectPort">8443</attribute>

      <attribute name="maxHttpHeaderSizeBytes">8192</attribute>

      <attribute name="maxThreads">150</attribute>

      <attribute name="minSpareThreads">25</attribute>

      <attribute name="maxSpareThreads">75</attribute>

      <attribute name="acceptQueueSize">100</attribute>

    </gbean>

          <gbean name="TomcatAJPConnector">

      <attribute name="host">0.0.0.0</attribute>

      <attribute name="port">8009</attribute>

      <attribute name="redirectPort">8443</attribute>

      <attribute name="maxHttpHeaderSizeBytes">8192</attribute>

      <attribute name="maxThreads">150</attribute>

      <attribute name="minSpareThreads">25</attribute>

      <attribute name="maxSpareThreads">75</attribute>

      <attribute name="acceptQueueSize">100</attribute>

               </gbean>

Thanks,

Santosh.

e-mail system.