geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Santosh Koti" <>
Subject RE: Problem while creating Connection Pool for Oracle Thin
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 05:45:40 GMT

Check whether u have installed ur oracle driver in the common libraries.
(U can do it via console)

Then rename ur driver file with some version number. Check whether u can
see ur jar files in the pop-up. If so, go ahead & deploy it.

Later go to the db pool -> use the (earlier ) deployed jar file &
specify the jdbc parameters & test & deploy.

-----Original Message-----
From: Anshuk Chinmoy Pal Chaudhuri
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 11:05 AM
Subject: Problem while creating Connection Pool for Oracle Thin

I have just started using Geronimo 1.0.I was trying test some stuff on
the app server.
I am having some kind of problem in creating the connection pool.
I am trying to create the connection pool for Oracle Thin Database Type.

Before starting the server, I have added the folder oracle\jars in the
repository folder of gernonimo.

Then I have added the jars

*                 classes12.jar

*                 classes12dms.jar

*                 classes111.jar

*                 nls_charset11.jar

*                 nls_charset12.jar

*                 ocrs12.jar

*                 ojdbc14.jar

*                 ojdbc14_g.jar

But while using the database connection pool wizard of geronimo, the
moment I click Next after giving the name for the pool and the database
type as Oracle Thin, there is a Null pointer Exception thrown.

Can anybody let me know why? Has anybody faced similar kind of problem?
Do I need to add some extra configuration for this?

Warm Regards,
Anshuk Pal Chaudhuri

solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original
message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this
e-mail or its contents to any other person and any such actions are
unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has taken every
reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any
damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You
should carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or
attachment. Infosys reserves the right to monitor and review the content
of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or
from this e-mail address may be stored on the Infosys e-mail system.