geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Santosh Koti" <Santosh_K...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: ejb transaction exception..!!
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 06:31:48 GMT

Finally, got it resolved.

The problem was in my CMR configuration in the openejb-jar.xml
descriptors.

Thanks,

Santosh.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Jencks [mailto:david_jencks@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 2:27 AM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: ejb transaction exception..!!

What are you using for your rar to connect to oracle?  I wonder if you
are using a tranql adapter that closes the connection whenever there is
an sql error.  I'm not quite sure which connector does what at this
point, so knowing which one you are using would be helpful.

thanks

david jencks

On May 10, 2006, at 4:46 AM, Santosh Koti wrote:

Got thru the exception, by setting the alternate ejb-ql for Oracle in
the deployment plan.

But now I am facing this exception:

332604 ERROR [http-0.0.0.0-8081-Processor23]
Transaction       - Unexpected exception rolling back
org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.LocalXAResource@1cbbbe6d;
continuing with rollback

 javax.transaction.xa.XAException

            at
org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.LocalXAResource.rollback(LocalXAR
esource.java:88)

            at
org.apache.geronimo.transaction.manager.TransactionImpl.rollbackResource
s(TransactionImpl.java:542)

            at
org.apache.geronimo.transaction.manager.TransactionImpl.rollback(Transac
tionImpl.java:446)

            at
org.apache.geronimo.transaction.manager.TransactionManagerImpl.rollback(
TransactionManagerImpl.java:155)

            at
org.apache.geronimo.transaction.manager.TransactionManagerImpl$$FastClas
sByCGLIB$$14ee5fe0.invoke(<generated>)

            at net.sf.cglib.reflect.F

org.apache.geronimo.transaction.context.InheritableTransactionContext.co
mplete(InheritableTransactionContext.java:171)

            at
org.apache.geronimo.transaction.context.InheritableTransactionContext.co
mmit(InheritableTransactionContext.java:146)

Caused by: Unable to rollback

            at
org.tranql.connector.jdbc.ManagedJDBCConnection.localTransactionRollback
(ManagedJDBCConnection.java:113)

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Closed Connection

            at
oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:134)

            at
oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:179)

332604 ERROR [http-0.0.0.0-8081-Processor23]
org.apache.geronimo.transaction.context.AbstractTransactionContext
- Unable to roll back transaction

 java.lang.IllegalStateException: Status is STATUS_NO_TRANSACTION

            at
org.apache.geronimo.transaction.manager.TransactionImpl.rollback(Transac
tionImpl.java:438)

            at
org.apache.geronimo.transaction.context.InheritableTransactionContext.ro
llbackAndThrow(InheritableTransactionContext.java:308)

PS: Is this due to some configuration problem in the ejb-qls...??? That
is my guess, I am not sure, yet to test it also...!

         Meanwhile , if some 1 can give the clue, it would be great..!!

Santosh.

e-mail system.