geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Fran Varin <FVA...@AMICA.com>
Subject Issue using JavaMail with Geronimo 1.0
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 13:09:50 GMT

We are trying to configure Geronimo to use the JavaMail API and experiencing
some difficulty with the configuration. We have configured the GBean as
follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<configuration xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment"
configId="geronimo/AmicaEmailGBean">
     <dependency>
          <uri>geronimo/geronimo-mail/1.0</uri>
     </dependency>
     <dependency>
          <uri>geronimo/geronimo-javamail-transport/1.0</uri>
     </dependency>
     <gbean name="protocol.smtp"
class="org.apache.geronimo.mail.SMTPTransportGBean">
         <attribute name="host">our host</attribute>
          <attribute name="port">25</attribute>
     </gbean>

     <gbean name="mail/MailSession"
class="org.apache.geronimo.mail.MailGBean">
          <attribute name="transportProtocol">smtp</attribute>
          <attribute name="useDefault">true</attribute>
          <attribute name="properties">mail.debug=true</attribute>
          <reference name="Protocols">
               <name>protocol.smtp</name>
          </reference>

     </gbean>
</configuration>

and in the Geronimo-web.xml file we try to "link" to it using this entry...

<resource-ref>
      <ref-name>geronimo/AmicaEmailGBean</ref-name>
      <target-name>
            geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,
            J2EEModule=Amica/Amica,
            J2EEServer=geronimo,
            j2eeType=JavaMailResource,
            name=MailSession

      </target-name>
    </resource-ref>

The above configuration deployed fine but, when we run the application that
uses JavaMail we receive the following Exception on the console.

Class Name = com.amica.application.viewpaybill.BillingPaymentProcessor
Stack Trace:
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Method not yet implemented
      at javax.mail.internet.MimeMessage.addRecipients(MimeMessage.java:287)
      at javax.mail.Message.addRecipient(Message.java:230)
      at
com.amica.framework.services.OutboundEmailMgr.send(OutboundEmailMgr.java:109)

We have reviewed other posts and articles regarding the above exception and
used that information as a basis for the above configuration. Also, we d/l'd
the Geronimo/Ruby installation (We're using the Tomcat version) to extract
the missing Geronimo JAR files that support Mail.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated

Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Users forum at Nabble.com.