geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Mario Rübsam ...@coderesearch.com>
Subject Re: Problem with Geronimo 1.0, PreparedStatements, pools and MaxDB
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 22:27:59 GMT
Ok, I couldn't resist and started debugging

it leads me to some code which enables Autocommit on the connection
just before calling some listeners for localTransactionCommit
this setting of Autocommit is also logged by the MaxDB JDBC logger
and the last code in Tranql

protected void localTransactionCommit(boolean isSPI) throws ResourceException {
         if (!isSPI) {
             ConnectionEvent event = new ConnectionEvent(this,
ConnectionEvent.LOCAL_TRANSACTION_COMMITTED);
             for (int i = listeners.size() - 1; i >= 0; i--) {
                 ConnectionEventListener listener = (ConnectionEventListener)
listeners.get(i);
                 listener.localTransactionCommitted(event);
             }
         }
     }

there is only one listerner to call the GeronimoConnectionEventListener
and the method localTransactionCommitted and right here is my problem

     /**
      * The <code>localTransactionCommitted</code> method
      *
      * @param event a <code>ConnectionEvent</code> value
      * todo implement this method
      */
     public void localTransactionCommitted(ConnectionEvent event) {
     }

Geronimo source was from the trunk, Is this the 1.0 code?
What should I do now?

Thanks,
Mario

David Jencks wrote:

> On May 31, 2006, at 2:39 PM, Mario Rübsam wrote:
>
>> David,
>>
>> where can I get the source for Traql 1.2.1? I will try to debug
>> that commit handling.
>
> svn co https://svn.codehaus.org/tranql/trunk/connector
>
> will get the current source code: if it's not exactly the same was what
> has been released it should be pretty close.
>

>> I have AutoCommit always off because I need the transaction
>> control so CommitBeforeAutocommit=true was no help for my problem.
>
> I was pretty sure that was the case :-)
>
> thanks
> david jencks
>

>> Thanks,
>> Mario
>>

>> David Jencks wrote:
>>> Mario,
>>> I don't see an obvious way for this stuff to break, but if you are
>>> set up for debugging you could get the tranql connector source code
>>> and trace through starting at
>>> org.tranql.connector.jdbc.ConnectionHandle.commit().  I don't see how
>>> the commit call wouldn't get eventually to the db, but knowing which
>>> path execution takes should make it simpler to figure out what is
>>> going on.
>>> BTW someone was mentioning setting CommitBeforeAutocommit to true.
>>> You should only set this on very buggy jdbc drivers that violate the
>>> jdbc spec by not committing pending work when you set autocommit to
>>> true (axion).  Any real database should not need this set.
>>> thanks
>>> david jencks

 Can

I use the

> [...]