geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Mario Rübsam ...@coderesearch.com>
Subject Re: Problem with Geronimo 1.0, PreparedStatements, pools and MaxDB
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 12:36:19 GMT
Hi,

I testet a bit further and tried the following situations:

I used a direct driver connection without the Geronimo pool --> working

I disabled all write access to the tables were the hang occurs,
only read access enabled --> working

I checked (with the MaxDB Database Manager) the connections/db sessions all
open and close correct so thats not the problem.

So my conclusion is that there is something different with the
transactions and Tranql. I debugged the commits and if I use the
direct driver connection I can see the commits in the Database Manager
stats. If I commit on the Tranql connection the commit is not
registered on the MaxDB server.

Is this now a driver or a Tranql issue?

Thanks,
Mario

Mario Rübsam wrote:
> Aaron,
>
> here is a stack trace attached, it hangs sometimes when calling the
> prepareStatement and sometimes when executing the statement and it's
> not always the same statement.
>
> Thanks,
> Mario
>

> Mario Rübsam wrote:
>> Aaron,
>>
>> connections are correctly closed. If they are returned to the pool,
>> don't know?
>>
>> The code that opens/closes connections is a bit widespread and wrapped
>> into a db abstraction layer. Here are some code fragments collected
>> together without the try catches.
>>

>> open connection:
>>
>> InitialContext tCtx = new InitialContext();
>>
>> mJDBCDataSource = (DataSource)tCtx.lookup(
>>   pDataSource.getString(PDbDataSource.URL));
>>
>> String tUser = pDataSource.getString(PDbDataSource.USER, null);
>> String tPass = pDataSource.getString(PDbDataSource.PASS, null);
>>
>> if (tUser != null) {
>>     mConnection = mJDBCDataSource.getConnection(tUser, tPass);
>> } else {
>>     mConnection = mJDBCDataSource.getConnection();
>> }
>>
>> mConnection.setAutoCommit(false);
>>

>> call statements:
>>
>> String tStmtSQL = "SELECT ....";
>> PreparedStatement tStmt = mConnection.prepareStatement(tStmtSQL);
>>
>> tStmt.setString(1, tName);
>> ResultSet tRS = tStmt.executeQuery();
>>
>> while (tRS.next()) {
>> }
>>
>> tRS.close();
>> tStmt.close();
>>

>> close the connection:
>>
>> mConnection.close();
>>

>> The DataSource lookup happens only once. After that I only
>> call getConnection() on the DS and close() on the connection.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mario
>>

>> Aaron Mulder wrote:
>>> It sounds like connections are not being returned to the pool, though
>>> it's hard to know without a stack trace.  Also, can you post the code
>>> you're using to access the connection pool, execute the prepared
>>> statements, and close the connection?  And what kind of component is
>>> running these prepared statements?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>    Aaron

> DEBUG	 DATE=2006-05-30 TIME=13:42:22:046 CATEGORY=cpa.db SOURCE=mr@aeon:CDbContext.getPreparedStatement()
SID=cpa.1-1-1.cpa MESSAGE=prepare statement "SELECT TbRegistryValues.TcValueText,TbRegistryValues.TcValueLineNo
FROM TbRegistry,TbRegistryValues WHERE ((TbRegistry.TcEntityId=TbRegistryValues.TcEntityId)
AND (TbRegistry.TcDomain=?)) ORDER BY TbRegistryValues.TcValueLineNo"
SID=cpa.1-1-1.cpa MESSAGE=prepared statement "org.tranql.connector.jdbc.PreparedStatementHandle@1728a26"

--
Dipl. Inf. Mario Rübsam
Geschäftsführer