geronimo-user mailing list archives

From John Sisson <jrsis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: does 1.1 support manifest classpath entries?
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 00:15:14 GMT
After quickly reading the J2EE 1.4 spec, section "J2EE.8.2 Optional
Package Support", page  121, a JAR (jar/war/rar) can have a Class-Path
entry in the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF file that refers to other JARs.

So AFAIK, this should be supported.  It would be worth checking that any
relative paths specified in your Class-Path entry are actually valid
when your application is deployed (the spec says the deployment tool
should install JAR files in a way that preserves relative references).
In other words, check whether hello-utility.jar is in the same directory
as the war file that is refering to it in the deployed files (under
geronimo\repository\yourGroupId\.....) .  If you didn't specify a
groupId in your deployment plan, then look under
geronimo\repository\default\.....

Regards,

John