geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Mario Rübsam ...@coderesearch.com>
Subject Problem with Geronimo 1.0, PreparedStatements, pools and MaxDB
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 11:50:28 GMT
Hi,

I have some serious problems when executing prepared statements
on MaxDB with pooled connections managed by Tranql in Geronimo 1.0.

The problem is, that after calling a lot of these prepared statements
the connection will hang until I get a timout. It's always
a different statement that worked just fine some milliseconds before.
There is no CPU load on the Geronimo machine and also no load
on the DB machine. Just a hang up until timeout.
I can run the same app on MySQL 4.x or PostgrSQL 8.x without any
Problems. Also no problems with a client app and MaxDB that do
a batch import and use exactly the same statements but without db
pooling.

So I think it must be a db pool problem with the MaxDB or a
strange behaviour with that driver and connection pools.

Any suggestions where I can start analysing the problem?

here my MaxDB plan:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<connector configId="user/database-pool-jdbc/default/1/car"
xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector-1.0">
     <dep:dependency xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.0">
         <dep:uri>mysql/sapdbc/7.6/jar</dep:uri>
     </dep:dependency>
     <resourceadapter>
         <outbound-resourceadapter>
             <connection-definition>

<connectionfactory-interface>javax.sql.DataSource</connectionfactory-interface>
                 <connectiondefinition-instance>
                     <name>jdbc/default</name>
                     <config-property-setting
name="UserName">sse</config-property-setting>
                     <config-property-setting
name="Password">sse</config-property-setting>
                     <config-property-setting
name="CommitBeforeAutocommit">false</config-property-setting>
                     <config-property-setting
name="Driver">com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.DriverSapDB</config-property-setting>
                     <config-property-setting
name="ExceptionSorterClass">org.tranql.connector.AllExceptionsAreFatalSorter</config-property-setting>
                     <config-property-setting
name="ConnectionURL">jdbc:sapdb://192.168.8.3/service</config-property-setting>
                     <connectionmanager>
                         <local-transaction/>
                         <single-pool>
                             <max-size>100</max-size>
                             <min-size>50</min-size>

<blocking-timeout-milliseconds>60000</blocking-timeout-milliseconds>
                             <idle-timeout-minutes>60</idle-timeout-minutes>
                             <match-one/>
                         </single-pool>
                     </connectionmanager>
                 </connectiondefinition-instance>