geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue using JavaMail with Geronimo 1.0
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 14:03:04 GMT
Fran Varin wrote:
> I see...here is what we currently have coded...
>
> javax.mail.internet.MimeMessage message;
> javax.mail.Session session = Session.getDefaultInstance(systemProp, null);
>
> . . .
>
> message = new MimeMessage(session);
>
> . . .
>
> message.addRecipient(Message.RecipientType.TO, new InternetAddress("some
> address"));
>

> The last line above is the offending line in the stack trace that is just
> before the step into the "addRecipient" method above. (
> com.amica.framework.services.OutboundEmailMgr.send(OutboundEmailMgr.java:109)
> )
>
> So, I'm very confident that the above line is the one in question. It seems
> to me that we are in fact using the version of the method as recommended by
> your reply. Am I correct in that assumption?

No, you are not correct.  The message.addRecipient() method you are
using ends up calling the unimplemented addRecipients()
method.  Try using:

message.addRecipients(Message.RecipientType.TO, "some address");

to set the recipient, OR, if you don't need to add the addresses
incrementally, use Message.setRecipients(), which is fully implemented
in 1.0.

> Is there some other approach we should be taking or should we wait for 1.1?

It really depends on how much of a hurry you're in.  1.1 will be cutting
a release candidate very shortly, and it should be available no later
than 2 weeks from now, barring an expected catastrophe.

Rick