geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter <brviking2...@yahoo.com.br>
Subject Re: Derby & Non-Derby
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 17:22:11 GMT
First of all, you are using derby on same VM or by network?

If you are using derby on same VM, then this explain difference - shared
memory comms is always fast than network.
Since Oracle (and other DBs) are not written in Java, they will use
Network comms.
There is docs showing this diffs in HypersonicSQL too - in process
execution and server based execution.

Best regards,

Richter

Santosh Koti escreveu:

> Hi  All,
>

> I was testing my app with Derby DB , & then the same with Oracle, the
> no of db updates (ejb)  is much faster  with derby.
>
> What could be the reason ?
>

>  Tranql or  my JDBC driver or Open EJB container. ??
>

> Thanks,
>
> Santosh.
>
> "Don't talk about yourself; it will be done when you leave. "

> message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this
> e-mail or its contents to any other person and any such actions are
> unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has taken every
> reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any
> damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You
> should carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or
> attachment. Infosys reserves the right to monitor and review the
> content of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages
> sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the Infosys
> e-mail system.

Abra sua conta no Yahoo! Mail: 1GB de espa├žo, alertas de e-mail no celular e anti-spam realmente
eficaz.
http://br.info.mail.yahoo.com/