geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Joerg Friede <joerg.fri...@3kraft.com>
Subject how to extend the classpath of Geronimo???
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 12:27:00 GMT
Hi all,

being quite new to Geronimo i'm stunned that there seems to be no common
way to extend the classpath for geronimo.

I do have a jar-file which contains some utility classes that my
ejb-app's need and tried to put this jar in the classpath doing the
following:

*) extend the CLASSPATH environment variable --> class not found exception

*) start the server with -cp switch --> server does not start at all

*) put my jar in <GERONIMO_HOME>/lib, <GERONIMO_HOME>/lib/endorsed,
<GERONIMO_HOME>/lib/extension --> class not found exception

*) added the jar to repository and tried to reference it from the
deployment descriptor (openejb-jar.xml) as follows

    /<openejb-jar   xmlns="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar"
configId="Data-Service">
    <import>
        <uri>MyJar/MyJar/1.0/jar</uri>
    </import>
    <enterprise-beans>
        <session>
            <ejb-name>DataManager</ejb-name>
            <jndi-name>DataManager</jndi-name>
            <local-jndi-name>DataManagerLocal</local-jndi-name>
        </session>
    </enterprise-beans>
</openejb-jar>/

Then i get the exception:

/13:17:43,154 ERROR [Hot Deployer] Unable to deploy: Unable to load
first parent of configuration Data-Service
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Unable to load first
parent of configuration Data-Service
Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.NoSuchConfigException: No
configuration with id: MyJar/MyJar/1.0/jar
/
The Jar file is at the location
<GERONIMO_HOME>/repository/MyJar/jars/MyJar-1.0.jar.

What does one have to do to add classes to the JVM of Geronimo?

Thanks in advance, Joerg Friede