geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: Some Performance Problems
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 00:02:20 GMT
Santosh,

We have some poor performing code in the use of Remote EJBs.  The performance there is very
poor and
we have some fixes going into 1.1 that will improve the performance and we'll close the gap
in 1.2.

Can provide some input on the nature of your application ?  I think that would help a lot
in
providing better feedback.

Thanks.

Santosh Koti wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>

> I was tuning a J2EE app on the Geronimo, but the response time &
> pages/sec  appears to be very low (infact unacceptable).
>

> To be exact the figures read : Response time: 4-5 sec
>
>                                             Pages per sec: 0.2-1.4
>
>                                              Load : 25
>
>               (Even for 1 user , it was not very much appreciable ..:-(
> )
>

> The same app on other server(s) showed the following figures :
>
>                          Response time: .03 sec
>
>                          Pages per sec: 18-20
>
>                           Load: 25
>

> (PS: The difference looks enormous, I am sure Geronimo is not that bad,
> as the figures indicate)
>

> I am trying to figure the sources of any bottlenecks, that is causing
> the server with a very slow behaviour.
>

> I am sure some1 would have done such tests earlier. Any
> lights/guidelines/pointers/approaches on this..?
>

> As Matt mentioned earlier, I have set my heap size to 1 gb & connection
> pools to 60.
>

> PS1: Can some1 point me how tomcat can be configured in the Geronimo (I
> guess it is not as st forward as it is , when used in isolation).
>

> In my config.xml I added the following stuff:
>

>             ---------------Begin- Listing-----------------
>
> <gbean name="TomcatWebConnector">
>
>       <attribute name="host">0.0.0.0</attribute>
>
>       <attribute name="port">port</attribute>
>
>       <attribute name="redirectPort">8443</attribute>
>
>       <attribute name="maxHttpHeaderSizeBytes">8192</attribute>
>
>       <attribute name="maxThreads">150</attribute>
>
>       <attribute name="minSpareThreads">25</attribute>
>
>       <attribute name="maxSpareThreads">75</attribute>
>
>       <attribute name="acceptQueueSize">100</attribute>
>
>     </gbean>
>
>           <gbean name="TomcatAJPConnector">
>
>       <attribute name="host">0.0.0.0</attribute>
>
>       <attribute name="port">8009</attribute>
>
>       <attribute name="redirectPort">8443</attribute>
>
>       <attribute name="maxHttpHeaderSizeBytes">8192</attribute>
>
>       <attribute name="maxThreads">150</attribute>
>
>       <attribute name="minSpareThreads">25</attribute>
>
>       <attribute name="maxSpareThreads">75</attribute>
>
>       <attribute name="acceptQueueSize">100</attribute>
>
>                </gbean>

> Thanks,
>
> Santosh.
>
> "Don't talk about yourself; it will be done when you leave. "

> This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the
use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by
e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute
this e-mail or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail
e-mail system.