geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Ted Kirby" <ted.ki...@gmail.com>
Subject Can't deploy MagicGBall in latest 1.1
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 22:38:13 GMT
Looks like MagicGBall has not been run in a while... I changed the xml
namespaces from 1.0 to latest 1.1 levels to get past my first problem with
depploying.
Now I get:

deploy distribute
magicGball\target\magicGball-1.1-SNAPSHOT.earmagicGball\target\plan\magicgball-
corba-nosec-plan.xml

Error: Operation failed: org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException:
    Invalid deployment descriptor: [error: cvc-complex-type.2.4a:
    Expected element
    'environment@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1'
    instead of
    'module@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.1'
    here, error: cvc-complex-type.2.4a: Expected element
    'environment@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1'
    instead of
    'module@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.1'
    here, error: cvc-complex-type.2.4a: Expected element
    'environment@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1'
    instead of
    'module@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.1'
    here, error: cvc-complex-type.2.4a: Expected element
    'environment@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1'
    instead of 'security@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.1'
    here, error: cvc-complex-type.2.4c: Expected element
    'environment@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1'
    before the end of the content]

    Descriptor: <xml-fragment
    xmlns:app="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.1"
    xmlns:nam="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1"
    xmlns:sec="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.1">

      <app:module>

        <app:ejb>magicGball-ejb-1.1-SNAPSHOT.jar</app:ejb>

        <openejb-jar
    xmlns="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.1">

          <enterprise-beans>

            <session>

              <ejb-name>MagicGBall</ejb-name>

              <jndi-name>MagicGBall</jndi-name>

              <tss-link>IdentityTokenNoSecurity</tss-link>

            </session>

          </enterprise-beans>

        </openejb-jar>

      </app:module>

      <app:module>

I suspect magicgball/project.xml needs some work.

Should geronimo-packaging-plugin or geronimo-deployment-plugin be used?

Can/should maven generate the target plan?  This would be best.  For now, I
will try to craft the proper <dep:environment> element by hand.