geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Anshuk Chinmoy Pal Chaudhuri" <Anshuk_PalChaudh...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: Relative Path
Date Fri, 26 May 2006 05:22:23 GMT
I have tried to enable the security manager of geronimo from the
geronimo.bat file (attached)
I am not sure whether the syntax in try enable the secuirty manager is
correct or not....Plase let me know...
And the geronimo.policy (placed in the bin file) content is:

grant {
permission java.security.AllPermission;
};

Please let me know if the security problem will still be there or not?

Warm Regards,
Anshuk Pal Chaudhuri
SETLabs - Web Services CoE
Infosys Technologies Ltd.
Hyderabad
Extn. 48030

-----Original Message-----
From: Anshuk Chinmoy Pal Chaudhuri
[mailto:Anshuk_PalChaudhuri@infosys.com]
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2006 8:27 AM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: RE: Relative Path

Hi,

Can anyone let me know why the security kind of error I am facing in
reading a xml file....?
I am trying to parse one xml file using Apache Digester.......I am using
the files URL and its openstream() method to open the file and parse
it.But the moment I am trying to do that, its throwing an error.....
I am definite about that its not the ClassNotFoundException because the
calss is already there in the jar and the jar is properly referred from
the geronimo-web.xml file.
I tried out the using the security policy in the geronimo.bat

-Djava.security.policy="geronimo.policy"

The content of the policy file is
grant codeBase "file:${org.apache.geronimo.base.dir}/lib/-" {
   permission java.security.AllPermission; };

grant codeBase "file:${org.apache.geronimo.base.dir}/repository/-" {
	permission java.security.AllPermission; };

grant codeBase "file:${org.apache.geronimo.base.dir}/bin/properties-" {
	permission java.security.AllPermission; };

The properties contain the xml files that needs to be parsed.

Any pointers???

Please see the error below for your refernce:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.infosys.syndeo.common.ServiceDefConfigHolder
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.MultiParentClassLoader.loadClass(Multi
ParentClassLoader.java:209)
        at
org.apache.commons.digester.ObjectCreateRule.begin(ObjectCreateRule.java
:204)
        at org.apache.commons.digester.Rule.begin(Rule.java:152)
        at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.startElement(Digester.java:1286)

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.infosys.syndeo.common.ServiceDefConfigHolder
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.MultiParentClassLoader.loadClass(Multi
ParentClassLoader.java:209)
        at
org.apache.commons.digester.ObjectCreateRule.begin(ObjectCreateRule.java
:204)
        at org.apache.commons.digester.Rule.begin(Rule.java:152)
        at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.startElement(Digester.java:1286)

Warm Regards,
Anshuk Pal Chaudhuri

**************** CAUTION - Disclaimer ***************** This e-mail
contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the
use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further,
you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents
to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may
contain viruses. Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to
minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as
a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own
virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves
the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or
from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address
may be stored on the Infosys e-mail system.