geronimo-user mailing list archives

From toby cabot <t...@caboteria.org>
Subject does 1.1 support manifest classpath entries?
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 22:28:54 GMT
Hi Folks,

I'm fooling around with a 1.1 build and trying to get my little
"hello, world" application to deploy and run.  It mostly does (much
thanks to the plan conversion utility) but one feature doesn't seem to
work as it used to.

My EAR has (among other stuff) a webapp in a war, and a jar with some
utility classes in it.  In 1.0 I could put the utility jar name in the
war's manifest.mf file like so:

Class-Path: hello-utility.jar

... and the classes in hello-utility.jar would be visible to the
servlets in the war.  In 1.1 this doesn't seem to work (I get
NoClassDefFoundError exceptions at deploy-time).

Now I'm not sure if what I was doing was J2EE-kosher to begin with so
if not that's cool.  But if it's *supposed* to work I'm not sure that
it does anymore.

Thanks,
Toby