Since I was using common beans to save the data, to send to my Session Bean that uses my Entity Bean for registring the information I did as simple as that in the common bean:

Timestamp startDate;

public void setStartDate(String date) {
            this.startDate = Timestamp.valueOf(date);
}

public Timestamp getStartDate() {
            return this.startDate;
}

and change the type of my Entity beans methods for date set and get of course. Works perfectly. Thanks again people.

Best Regards,
Olivier Voutat