geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Mammen <jsmam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to deploy a web application based on Struts 1.2, Spring 1.2 and Hibernate 3 on Geronimo 1.0?
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 02:15:59 GMT
Guilherme Rios <rios_luohan@...> writes:

> The way I see it, a "vanilla" J2EE application would be deployed in
> Geronimo without problems. The issue is, when you depend on projects
> that Geronimo also provides and are not part of standard J2EE but became
>   de facto standards, you have to use a vendor-specific deployment plan.
> This is not desirable, but does not differ much from what others do either.
>
> I would not consider it a J2EE compatibility issue, but given lots of
> people - me included =) - will deploy struts/spring/hibernate apps to
> Geronimo it would be nice being able to do so without having to deal
> with specific application server issues.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Guilherme

As far as I understood the specs, the webapps jar files in WEB-INF/lib classes
should be visible to the web application, not servers when there are different
versions of the same class. This way I can have many different versions of
classes in seperate web app. This should be default.
Anyway the application that I am deploying has deployed successfully into Tomcat,
Jetty and Weblogic without any modification in classloader configuration.