geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Mammen <jsmam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to deploy a web application based on Struts 1.2, Spring 1.2 and Hibernate 3 on Geronimo 1.0?
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 12:49:56 GMT

> Hi John,
> I looked at your blog and I would like to see the entire deployment plan you
are using, what kind of
> app you are trying to deploy and what problems you are having.
>
> There is a "Spring integration in Geronimo" article where you can find details
on how to deploy in
> Geronimo each of the sample apps already provided by the framework. Most of
the apps have been
> configured to use Geronimo's specific resources like the embedded DB.
>
> http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/GERONIMO/Spring
>
> An article on Struts is already on the way and it should be out soon !!!
>
> As for Hibernate, there is a migration article that should give you all the
ammo you need for
> mapping to your app. Even when the goal is migration, you will find details of
Hibernate

http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/GERONIMO/JBoss+to+Geronimo+-+Hibernate+Migration

> Cheers!
> Hernan

Hi Hernan,
The app I am trying to deploy was a Struts, Spring and Hibernate based
application. After seeing the article mentioned below in the Spring
integration url, I had included the springframework hidden classes,
but it did not mention anything about ANTLR jar files. After including
ANTLR in the hidden classes list, my application worked.

I think Geronimo should follow the J2EE specs by default because
lot of people migrating existing application would fail.
And I understand it had passed the J2EE spec compatability tests???
Most web application should deploy to Geronimo
without major workarounds and surgery to the application,
if its J2EE compliant server.

Regards,
Johh