geronimo-user mailing list archives

From ys...@symcor.com
Subject Can I list the JNDI Names in Geronimo from the command line?
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 21:25:49 GMT

I used to use dumpNameSpace to list all of the JNDI names in WebSphere 4.
I cannot find the equiavlent command in Geronimo to list what are the JNDI
names avaliable in Geronimo.

Could anyone let me know either what the command is or the other way to do
it?

Huge thanks in advance.

Young

             "Aaron Mulder"
             <ammulder@alumni.
             princeton.edu>                                             To
             Sent by:                  user@geronimo.apache.org
             ammulder@gmail.co                                          cc
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: JNDI Lookup Problem..!
             19/04/2006 01:49
             PM

             Please respond to
             user@geronimo.apa
                  che.org

OK, if the EJB is looking up the database pool, the same lookup code I
gave should work for you (so long as you have a resource reference in
the ejb-jar.xml that matches the resource reference in
openejb-jar.xml).  The lookup code you posted in your first message
won't work.

Thanks,
    Aaron

On 4/19/06, Santosh Koti <Santosh_Koti@infosys.com> wrote:

> Thanks Aaron, for ur reply.
>

> But, the component is ejb (session bean) & the openejb-jar.xml is:
>

> <enterprise-beans>
>
> <session>
>
>    <ejb-name>AccountsInfoEJB</ejb-name>
>
>    <jndi-name>ejb/AccountsInfoEJB</jndi-name>
>
>  <ejb-ref>
>
>     <ref-name>ejb/AccountDetailsEJB</ref-name>
>
>     <ejb-link>AccountDetails</ejb-link>
>
>  </ejb-ref>
>
>  <ejb-ref>
>
>      <ref-name>ejb/CustomerEJB</ref-name>
>
>      <ejb-link>Customer</ejb-link>
>
>  </ejb-ref>
>

>  <resource-ref>
>
>        <ref-name>testbank</ref-name>
>
>              <resource-link>testbank</resource-link>
>
>        </resource-ref>
>

> </session>
>

> </enterprise-beans>
>

> But still , I get the same exception …!
>
> What have I done is correct..?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Santosh.
>
> "Don't talk about yourself; it will be done when you leave. "

com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContext.lookup(RegistryContext.java:108)

> >         at

com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContext.lookup(RegistryContext.java:116)

> >         at
> javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:361)
>

> >         at

com.infosys.j2ee.utils.misc.ServiceLocator.getDataSource(ServiceLocator.java:234)

> > 6) InitalContext parameters were :
>

> >         <Param name="JndiName" value ="testbank" />
>

> >         <Param name="Provider-Url" value="rmi://localhost:1099"/>
>

> >         <Param name="Initial-Contextfactory"
> value="com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContextFactory"/>

> > And my rmi port is running at 1099 (as specified in the config.xml).
>

> > Let me know , what I am missing. I have tried it many times, but no
> success..! :-(
>

> > Can some help me out in proceeding further…!
>

> > Thanks,
>

> > Santosh.

> >  This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended
> message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this
e-mail
> or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful.
This