geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Deployment pblm in G1.1
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 20:27:20 GMT
On Apr 10, 2006, at 2:09 PM, Dave Colasurdo wrote:

> Can someone please provide details on G1.1 deployment... :)
>
> 1) G1.0 user applications did not always require a deployment plan.
> Shouldn't these same applications deploy on G1.1 without a plan?
> This doesn't appear to be working..

Yes

> 2) G1.0 allowed for a plan with mininal info (basically just
> context-root).  This doesn't appear to be working for G1.1..

What makes you say that.  In 1.0 you needed at the minimum a
configId.  You still do in 1.1.  Did I miss something?

> 3) Can someone please provide a few simple plans that include/
> exclude a configid in the plan?  The existing G1.0 plans don't
> appear to work for G1.1.

Here is the one from branches/1.1/configs/welcome-jetty/target/plan/
plan.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!--Copyright 2004-2005 The Apache Software Foundation

     Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
     you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
     You may obtain a copy of the License at

     WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or
implied.
     limitations under the License.-->
<!--$Rev$ $Date: 2006-02-14 18:07:00 -0800 (Tue, 14 Feb 2006) $-->
<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/jetty-1.1">
   <dep:environment xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/
deployment-1.1">
     <dep:configId>
       <dep:groupId>geronimo</dep:groupId>
       <dep:artifactId>welcome-jetty</dep:artifactId>
       <dep:version>1.1-SNAPSHOT</dep:version>
       <dep:type>car</dep:type>
     </dep:configId>
     <dep:dependencies/>
     <dep:hidden-classes/>
     <dep:non-overridable-classes/>
   </dep:environment>
   <context-root>/</context-root>
   <context-priority-classloader>false</context-priority-classloader>
</web-app>

-dain