geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: User Feedback Request -- this means you!
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 00:02:03 GMT
Yes we should have both but I'm not sure if I agree with your second
statement. :) I think JIRA should be the first place users should go
to request a feature.  The wiki will never encapsulate all the work
that needs to be done for a project.  JIRA tells us this.  Thus the
wiki should be used to bundle the wish-list and associate them to the
themes and priorities for a release.  I think trying to keep jiras
and the wiki synchronized is invaluable and is unnecessary work.  The
wiki should be the place where to look for what is planned for that
release, and the discussions around and links to jiras/threads for
those items. So the first step I think should be to open jira's and
from there these can be sorted and prioritized and pushed up into the
wiki, I don't think it should be the other way around.  There is alot
of things that need to be cleaned up in current in JIRA and by using
it as the first place for work items this forces us to maintain and
constantly scub JIRA to provide an accurate indication of project
status.

thats by 2 cents :)

- sachin