geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Dennis Cartier" <dennis.cart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem deploying under Jetty version of Geronimo
Date Sun, 02 Apr 2006 19:29:05 GMT
On 4/2/06, Aaron Mulder <ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu> wrote:
> Also, can you at least
> try to confirm when the loading takes place during the web app or
> filter lifecycle?

I am not sure how to go about confirming what you are asking above.

I can tell you that when I change my web.xml to target a specific bean
rather than just the class, I get no exceptions.

>From this:

  	<filter>
		<filter-name>Acegi-Security</filter-name>
		<filter-class>net.sf.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy</filter-class>
		<init-param>
			<param-name>targetClass</param-name>
			<param-value>net.sf.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy</param-value>
		</init-param>
	</filter>

To this:

  	<filter>
		<filter-name>Acegi-Security</filter-name>
		<filter-class>net.sf.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy</filter-class>
		<init-param>
			<param-name>targetBean</param-name>
			<param-value>filterChainProxy</param-value>
		</init-param>
	</filter>

Unfortunately the above change quiets the exception, but my app does
not seem to get the benefit of the filter? It is like the filter never
gets called as ACEGI does not intercept and redirect the user to a
login page on first access. A filter is a filter regardless of the web
container right?

Aaron, I know you are busy so I don't want to take up too much of your
time. I will post a message to the ACEGI list since the likehood that
I have setup somethig wrong is greater than geronimo having a bug. If
they provide feedback that it is probably on Geronimo's side then I
will bring this up again.

Dennis