geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Dennis Cartier" <dennis.cart...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem deploying under Jetty version of Geronimo
Date Sun, 02 Apr 2006 15:53:30 GMT
Hello,

I have been biten by the Tomcat/CGlib/redploy issue where tomcat is
unable or unwilling to garbage collect threadlocals upon redploy. I
thought I would give the Jetty version of Geronimo a try.

Much to my surprise, my app fails to deploy under Geronimo using
Jetty. I am somewhat confused as to the exact issue, but near as I can
tell, or at least suspect, that I am running into classloader issues
under Jetty. I am not sure if this is Geronimo related or simply that
Jetty requires a different deployment.

The web.xml for my app is pretty simple and just uses a filter to the
ACEGI FilterToBeanProxy, a ContextLoaderListener and a
DispatcherServlet.

If anyone has any idea as to what the issue is I am all ears.

Thanks,

Dennis

The class not found error is below.

20:34:47,554 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is now in th
e FAILED state: objectName="geronimo.server:name=Acegi-Security,J2EEServer=geron
imo,J2EEApplication=null,WebModule=acconline,j2eeType=WebFilter"
javax.servlet.ServletException: Class of type
net.sf.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy not found in classloader

My web.xml is below.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web
Application 2.3//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd">
<web-app>
	<display-name>acconline</display-name>
	<welcome-file-list>
		<welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
	</welcome-file-list>
  	<filter>
		<filter-name>Acegi-Security</filter-name>
		<filter-class>net.sf.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy</filter-class>
		<init-param>
			<param-name>targetClass</param-name>
			<param-value>net.sf.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy</param-value>
		</init-param>
	</filter>
  	<filter-mapping>
		<filter-name>Acegi-Security</filter-name>
		<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
	</filter-mapping>
 	<context-param>
		<param-value>/WEB-INF/dao-*.xml /WEB-INF/service-*.xml
/WEB-INF/context-*.xml /WEB-INF/*-datasource.xml</param-value>
	</context-param>
	<listener>
		<listener-class>
			org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
		</listener-class>
	</listener>
	<servlet>
		<servlet-name>ACCOnline</servlet-name>
		<servlet-class>org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet</servlet-class>
		<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
	</servlet>
  	<servlet-mapping>
		<servlet-name>ACCOnline</servlet-name>
		<url-pattern>/dwr/*</url-pattern>
	</servlet-mapping>
   <session-config>
      <session-timeout>15</session-timeout>
   </session-config>
</web-app>

Here is my geronimo-web,xml as well jsut so you have a complete picture.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.0"
configId="acconline">
    <hidden-classes><filter>org.springframework</filter></hidden-classes>
    <hidden-classes><filter>net.sf.cglib</filter></hidden-classes>
    <hidden-classes><filter>net.sf.acegisecurity</filter></hidden-classes>
    <context-root>/acconline</context-root>
    <context-priority-classloader>false</context-priority-classloader>
</web-app>