geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Dennis Cartier" <>
Subject Problem deploying under Jetty version of Geronimo
Date Sun, 02 Apr 2006 15:53:30 GMT

I have been biten by the Tomcat/CGlib/redploy issue where tomcat is
unable or unwilling to garbage collect threadlocals upon redploy. I
thought I would give the Jetty version of Geronimo a try.

Much to my surprise, my app fails to deploy under Geronimo using
Jetty. I am somewhat confused as to the exact issue, but near as I can
tell, or at least suspect, that I am running into classloader issues
under Jetty. I am not sure if this is Geronimo related or simply that
Jetty requires a different deployment.

The web.xml for my app is pretty simple and just uses a filter to the
ACEGI FilterToBeanProxy, a ContextLoaderListener and a

If anyone has any idea as to what the issue is I am all ears.

The class not found error is below.

20:34:47,554 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is now in th
e FAILED state: objectName="geronimo.server:name=Acegi-Security,J2EEServer=geron
javax.servlet.ServletException: Class of type
net.sf.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy not found in classloader

My web.xml is below.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web
Application 2.3//EN" "">
		<param-value>/WEB-INF/dao-*.xml /WEB-INF/service-*.xml
/WEB-INF/context-*.xml /WEB-INF/*-datasource.xml</param-value>

Here is my geronimo-web,xml as well jsut so you have a complete picture.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns=""

View raw message