geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo xmlbeans error
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2006 09:08:29 GMT

On Apr 27, 2006, at 11:02 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> It's possible, even likely, that the app is using the version of
> XMLBeans in the Geronimo classpath, and that can't see the JARs on the
> web app classpath.  You may need to add something like this to your
> geronimo-web.xml (assuming you're using Geronimo 1.0):
>
> <hidden-classes>
>  <filter>org.apache.xmlbeans</filter>
> </hidden-classes>
>
> Then you'll have to put XMLBeans in the WEB-INF/lib directory.  This
> is a little unfortunate, but there's a "bug" in Geronimo 1.0 where
> common libraries and WEB-INF/lib libraries don't share the same
> classpath.

Maybe I don't understand what you are saying, but I don't think this
is an accurate description of the problem in 1.0 nor IMO could it be
the problem here.  In 1.0, a gbean in a web app can't see the web-app
classes nor the classes in WEB-INF/lib.  However, the problem here is
that the application can't see xmlbeans classes: there are no custom
gbeans in sight :-)

I think the easiest solution is to use dependency elements for
xmlbeans and stax-api: that way you won't need copies of these jars
in your war.  This solution should work for 1.0, 1.1, or 1.2 although
the syntax is different in 1.1

I suspect the basic problem here is that you didn't include stax-api
jar, which is where the missing class is from.

You should be able to use a different version of xmlbeans in your app
because the geronimo copy is used on in builder modules, none of
which are parents of a j2ee application.

thanks
david jencks