geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: jdk version
Date Sun, 30 Apr 2006 23:49:00 GMT
There are two problems in JDK 1.5.  First, the CORBA features don't
work.  Second, if you serialize a QName under 1.4 and deserialize it
until 1.5, that doesn't work.  That QName problem is what causes
trouble with DayTrader.

Geronimo 1.1 won't be J2EE certified on 1.5 because of the CORBA
problem (J2EE certification requires CORBA interoperability testing,
which doesn't work for us on 1.5).  We're currently planning to go
through the J2EE certification on JDK 1.5 once the Yoko project
releases.  As for the Geronimo 1.1 schedule, we're in the midst of TCK
testing and bug fixing in preparation for the 1.1 release.  I would
expect to see a beta or release candidate in the next week or two.

In any case, if your SOAP problem includes QName serialization, that
could be related (though I really thought it was only if you serialize
under 1.4 and deserialize under 1.5 or vice versa).  You're welcome to
post a stack trace if you want a more thorough evaluation.  :)

Thanks,
    Aaron