geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Can I list the JNDI Names in Geronimo from the command line?
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 21:54:05 GMT
In Geronimo 1.0, you don't map resource references to JNDI names, you
map them to the names of the components that you deployed.  Your
database pool is not in JNDI on its own, which is why you need the
resource reference to add it to the component-specific JNDI space.  So
you can't dump "all the JNDI names in Geronimo".  But within the code
for a component, you could do something like:

Context ctx = new InitialContext().lookup("java:comp/env/");
NamingEnumeration en = ctx.list("");
while(en.hasMore()) {
   NameClassPair entry = (NameClassPair)en.next();
   System.out.println(entry.getName()+" is of type "+entry.getClassName());
}

And then maybe make it recursive into sub-contexts.

Thanks,
    Aaron