geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: JNDI Lookup Problem..!
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 16:21:18 GMT
If a component within the web app (e.g. a servlet, Struts action,
etc.) is looking up the database, it should have code like this:

DataSource ds = (DataSource)new
InitialContext().lookup("java:comp/env/testbank");

Thanks,
    Aaron

On 4/19/06, Santosh Koti <Santosh_Koti@infosys.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
>           </config-property-setting>
>
>           <connectionmanager>
>
>             <local-transaction/>
>
>             <single-pool>
>
>                <max-size>10</max-size>
>
>                <min-size>0</min-size>
>
>                <blocking-timeout-milliseconds>
>
>                   5000
>
>                 </blocking-timeout-milliseconds>
>
>                 <idle-timeout-minutes>
>
>                   30
>
>                 </idle-timeout-minutes>
>
>                 <match-one/>
>
>             </single-pool>
>
>           </connectionmanager>
>

>          <!-- <global-jndi-name> jdbc/testbank </global-jndi-name> -->
>

>         </connectiondefinition-instance>
>
>       </connection-definition>
>
>     </outbound-resourceadapter>
>
> </resourceadapter>
>
> </connector>
>

> 2) My Geronimo-web.xml file is:
>

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>
> <web-app
>
>     xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.0"
>
>     xmlns:naming="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.0"
>
>     configId="MyConfigName"
>
>     parentId="SBank/Entities"
>
>   >

>         <naming:resource-ref>
>
>                 <naming:ref-name>testbank</naming:ref-name>
>
>                 <naming:resource-link>testbank</naming:resource-link>
>
>     </naming:resource-ref>
>

> </web-app>
>

> 3) My web.xml contains:
>

>   <resource-ref>
>
>                 <res-ref-name>testbank</res-ref-name>
>
>                 <res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type>
>
>                 <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
>
>                 <res-sharing-scope>Shareable</res-sharing-scope>
>
>       </resource-ref>
>

> 4) And my Geronimo-application.xml file contains:
>

> <module>
>
> <connector>tranql-connector-1.1.rar</connector>
>
> <alt-dd>mydb-plan.xml</alt-dd>
>
> </module>
>

> </application>
>

> 5) Deployment is happening fine, but runtime it is giving the following exception:
>

> Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: testbank
>
>         at com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContext.lookup(RegistryContext.java:108)
>
>         at com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContext.lookup(RegistryContext.java:116)
>
>         at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:361)
>
>         at com.infosys.j2ee.utils.misc.ServiceLocator.getDataSource(ServiceLocator.java:234)
>

> 6) InitalContext parameters were :
>
>         <Param name="JndiName" value ="testbank" />
>
>         <Param name="Provider-Url" value="rmi://localhost:1099"/>
>
>         <Param name="Initial-Contextfactory" value="com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContextFactory"/>
>

> And my rmi port is running at 1099 (as specified in the config.xml).
>
> Let me know , what I am missing. I have tried it many times, but no success..! :-(
>
> Can some help me out in proceeding further…!
>

> Thanks,
>
> Santosh.

>  This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the
use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by
e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute
this e-mail or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail
e-mail system.