geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Access to a directory
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 14:54:01 GMT
There's no configuration option to just expose a directory as the
Apache web server would or something like that.

I can think of 2 ways to approach this.

1) Put Geronimo behind Apache or IIS or another web server, and have
the web server serve the archive directory (via a directory alias,
etc.) and have Geronimo handle the dynamic content.  If you need help
getting Geronimo set up with Apache via mod_jk, let me know.

2) Create a servlet that takes request.getPathInfo and resolves that
against a file in the archive directory and serves up that file.
Perhaps make the directory to serve an init param or something.

There may be Tomcat or Jerry specific features you can hook into as
well, though I wouldn't necessarily recommend using a
container-specific feature.

Thanks,
    Aaron