geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Ye Lu" <yel...@gmail.com>
Subject Deploying a GBean
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2006 01:47:17 GMT
Hi,

I am currently running Geronimo 1.0.  When I tried to deploy a GBean using
the command "java -jar bin\deployer.jar --user system --password manager
deploy d:\geronimo-1.0\repository\GBean1\jars\GBean1.jar GBean1-plan.xml", I
got the following error:

    Error: Unable to distribute GBean1.jar: Cannot deploy the requested
    application module (planFile=D:\geronimo-1.0\GBean1-plan.xml,
    moduleFile=D:\geronimo-
1.0\var\temp\geronimo-deployer382.tmpdir\GBean1.jar)

My deployment plan is

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configuration configId="GBean1">
<gb:gbean xmlns:gb="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.0" name="
geronimo.server:type=GBean" class="com.businessobjects.geronimo.GBean1">
 <gb:attribute name="attribute1" type="java.lang.String">
 test1
 </gb:attribute>
</gb:gbean>
</configuration>

I did a quick trace into the source code and found that the value of builder
after the following loop is null and that cause the exception to be thrown.

Object plan = null;
            ConfigurationBuilder builder = null;
            for (Iterator i = builders.iterator(); i.hasNext();) {
                ConfigurationBuilder candidate = (ConfigurationBuilder)
i.next();
                plan = candidate.getDeploymentPlan(planFile, module);
                if (plan != null) {
                    builder = candidate;
                    break;
                }
            }

Can you tell me what I have done wrong?  Thanks in advance.

Ye