geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Santosh Koti" <Santosh_K...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: Clustering help..!
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 16:19:59 GMT
Hernan,

I got it working finally , both with the sticky session=0,1 , in
non-sticky session , some time it fails...!

Any idea..?

(I have given my config details after my questions,ie, below..!)

Some questions:

a) Note: Once I build my EAR file , I deploy it on both the machines, so
the Geronimo-web.xml is the same on both machines, I guess it has to be
different w.r.t 'mcastBindAddress' - value for different instances..!

b) One more question I need to ask is : gbean name="FarmWarDeployer" ,
needs to be specified in the deployment plan , or is it optional...?

c) By the way , what is farming , is it used for deploying ur
application on to the cluster members, if so , will it change the
deployment plan at run time..?

(correct me if I am wrong..!)

As asked, here are my details (that I added to the existing stuff):

-------------Part of Httpd.conf file ------

LoadModule jk_module modules\mod_jk.so

JkWorkersFile C:\Apache-HTTP\Apache2\conf\workers.properties

JkLogFile     C:\Apache-HTTP\Apache2\logs\mod_jk.log

#JkLogLevel    info

JkAutoAlias C:\Apache-HTTP\Apache2\config-store

#JkMount /console/* ajp13

#JkMount /setl/* ajp13

JkMount /setl* loadbalancer

-------------End of Httpd.conf file ------

--------------workers.properties----------------

worker.list=loadbalancer,status,node1,node2

worker.node1.port=8009

worker.node1.host=localhost

worker.node1.type=ajp13

worker.node1.lbfactor=100

worker.node2.port=8009

worker.node2.host=172.25.203.139

worker.node2.type=ajp13

worker.node2.lbfactor=100

worker.loadbalancer.type=lb

worker.loadbalancer.balance_workers=node1,node2

#worker.loadbalancer.sticky_session=0

worker.loadbalancer.sticky_session=1

worker.status.type=status

/setl=loadbalancer

/setl/*=loadbalancer

--------------end of workers.properties----------------

-----------------geronimo-web.xml----------------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<web-app

    xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.0"

    xmlns:naming="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.0"

    configId="MyConfigName"

    parentId="SBank/Entities"

  <container-config>

        <tomcat
xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/web/tomcat/config-1.0">

            <cluster>TomcatCluster</cluster>

                <gbean name="TomcatCluster"
class="org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.cluster.CatalinaClusterGBean">

                  <attribute
name="className">org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster</attri
bute>

                  <attribute name="initParams">

managerClassName=org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager

                      expireSessionsOnShutdown=false

                      useDirtyFlag=false

                      notifyListenersOnReplication=true

                  </attribute>

                  <reference name="Membership">
<moduleType>J2EEModule</moduleType> <name>TomcatMembership</name>
</reference>

                  <reference name="Receiver">
<moduleType>J2EEModule</moduleType> <name>TomcatReceiver</name>
</reference>

                  <reference name="Sender">
<moduleType>J2EEModule</moduleType> <name>TomcatSender</name>
</reference>

                  <reference name="TomcatValveChain">
<moduleType>J2EEModule</moduleType> <name>ReplicationValve</name>
</reference>

                  <!--

                  <reference name="ClusterDeployer">
<moduleType>J2EEModule</moduleType> <name>FarmWarDeployer</name>
</reference>

                  -->

                    </gbean>

                    <gbean name="TomcatMembership"
class="org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.cluster.MembershipServiceGBean">

                        <attribute
name="className">org.apache.catalina.cluster.mcast.McastService</attribu
te>

                        <attribute name="initParams">

                            mcastAddr=228.0.0.4

                            mcastBindAddress= 172.21.34.97

                            mcastPort=45564

                            mcastFrequency=500

                            mcastDropTime=3000

                        </attribute>

                   </gbean>

                       <!-- Receiver -->

                   <gbean name="TomcatReceiver"

class="org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.cluster.ReceiverGBean">

                       <attribute
name="className">org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationListener</at
tribute>

                       <attribute name="initParams">

                           tcpListenAddress= 172.21.34.97

                           tcpListenPort=4001

                           tcpSelectorTimeout=100

                           tcpThreadCount=6

                       </attribute>

                   </gbean>

                   <!-- Sender -->

                   <gbean name="TomcatSender"

class="org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.cluster.SenderGBean">

                       <attribute
name="className">org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationTransmitter<
/attribute>

                       <attribute name="initParams">

                           replicationMode=pooled

                           ackTimeout=15000

                       </attribute>

                        </gbean>

                    <!-- Valves -->

                 <gbean name="ReplicationValve"

                   class="org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.ValveGBean">

                   <attribute
name="className">org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationValve</attri
bute>

                   <attribute name="initParams">

filter=.*\.gif;.*\.js;.*\.css;.*\.png;.*\.jpeg;.*\.jpg;.*\.htm;.*\.html;
.*\.txt;

                   </attribute>

                 </gbean>

        </tomcat>