geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Santosh Koti" <>
Subject RE: Problems deploying EAR
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 04:48:07 GMT

Yes, that's right..! Go ahead..u can use the information form those config-files .. (only
those which are required by the schema of the Geronimo deployment files ) !

-----Original Message-----
From: Achim We├čling []
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 8:03 PM
Subject: Re: Problems deploying EAR

Hi Krish,

I'm not the developer of the app I try to deploy! It is a
CRM-OpenSource-Solution which could be deployed to J2EE-conform
appservers. In the docu is said it was successfully deploy on JBoss,
WebSphere and WebLogic. Non off those appserver, I really like, so I
decided to give geronimo a try.

In the ear-file I find the file 'application.xml' under META-INF with
the following contents:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE application PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD J2EE
Application 1.3//EN" "">
  <display-name>openCRX Core EAR</display-name>

If I understand you right I've to map this in the following

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Inside those jar-files are also configurationfiles under META-INF. For
the 'gateway.jar' those files are:

If I understand the documentation of the deploymentplan, I've to use the
<alt-dd>-tag to provide a deployment-discriptor for this module _or_
I've to provide the deploymentinformation right their instead of the

It seams there're configuration files for the above mentioned
appservers. So could I possibly get some Information outside this
configurations to get the app running with geronimo?

Thanks for your patience!

e-mail system.