geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Santosh Koti" <Santosh_K...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: Problems deploying EAR
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 04:48:07 GMT

Yes, that's right..! Go ahead..u can use the information form those config-files .. (only
those which are required by the schema of the Geronimo deployment files ) !

Thanks,
Santosh.

-----Original Message-----
From: Achim We├čling [mailto:achim.wessling@gt-net.de]
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 8:03 PM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Problems deploying EAR

Hi Krish,

I'm not the developer of the app I try to deploy! It is a
CRM-OpenSource-Solution which could be deployed to J2EE-conform
appservers. In the docu is said it was successfully deploy on JBoss,
WebSphere and WebLogic. Non off those appserver, I really like, so I
decided to give geronimo a try.

In the ear-file I find the file 'application.xml' under META-INF with
the following contents:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE application PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD J2EE
Application 1.3//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/application_1_3.dtd">
<application>
  <display-name>openCRX Core EAR</display-name>
  <module>
    <ejb>gateway.jar</ejb>
  </module>
  <module>
    <ejb>kernel.jar</ejb>
  </module>
  <module>
    <ejb>security.jar</ejb>
  </module>
  <module>
    <ejb>ui.jar</ejb>
  </module>
</application>

If I understand you right I've to map this in the following
deploymentplan:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<application
  xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.0"
  xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'

xsi:schemaLocation='http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.0 http://geronimo.apache.org/schemas-1.0/geronimo-application-1.0.xsd'
  xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.0"
  xmlns:security="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.1"
  configId="openCRX-App">

  <module>
    <ejb>gateway.jar</ejb>
    <alt-dd></alt-dd>
  </module>
  <module>
    <ejb>kernel.jar</ejb>
    <alt-dd></alt-dd>
  </module>
</application>

Inside those jar-files are also configurationfiles under META-INF. For
the 'gateway.jar' those files are:
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
META-INF/ejb-jar.xml
META-INF/ibm-ejb-jar-bnd.xmi
META-INF/imb-ejb-jar-ext.xmi
META-INF/jboss.xml
META-INF/openmdx-ejb-jar.xml
META-INF/weblogic-ejb-jar.xml

If I understand the documentation of the deploymentplan, I've to use the
<alt-dd>-tag to provide a deployment-discriptor for this module _or_
I've to provide the deploymentinformation right their instead of the
<alt-dd>-tag?!

It seams there're configuration files for the above mentioned
appservers. So could I possibly get some Information outside this
configurations to get the app running with geronimo?

Thanks for your patience!

Achim

e-mail system.