geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Santosh Koti" <Santosh_K...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: Jetty Versus Tomcat..!
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 12:45:15 GMT

Thanks, Matt for your answer..!

Thanks,
Santosh.

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Hogstrom [mailto:matt@hogstrom.org]
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2006 6:12 PM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Jetty Versus Tomcat..!

I think the correct answer is it depends.  Both containers are robust
and should satisfy your needs.
  I believe many people choose Tomcat over Jetty because it has a larger
following and there is
safety in numbers.

Santosh Koti wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>

> One more question popped up in my mind, so thought of troubling u guys
> again...:-)
>
> Which one is better Jetty or Tomcat...?
>

> Of course , I went thru some reviews , but there were lot of claims &
> counter-claims, which makes the reader very confusing...:-(
>

> Any insight into it...? Why apache chose Jetty as the default
container,
> when Tomcat was their offering...!
>
> (But IBM WAS-Community Edition , built on Geronimo -1.0 , uses Tomcat
as
> the default container...!)
>

> Any specific reasons... (technical / political) ...?...:-)
>

> Thanks,
>
> Santosh.
>
> "Don't talk about yourself; it will be done when you leave. "

solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original
message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this
e-mail or its contents to any other person and any such actions are
unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has taken every
reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any
damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You
should carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or
attachment. Infosys reserves the right to monitor and review the content
of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or
from this e-mail address may be stored on the Infosys e-mail system.