geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Santosh Koti" <Santosh_K...@infosys.com>
Subject Jetty Versus Tomcat..!
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 10:08:23 GMT

Hi Folks,

One more question popped up in my mind, so thought of troubling u guys
again...:-)

Which one is better Jetty or Tomcat...?

Of course , I went thru some reviews , but there were lot of claims &
counter-claims, which makes the reader very confusing...:-(

Any insight into it...? Why apache chose Jetty as the default container,
when Tomcat was their offering...!

(But IBM WAS-Community Edition , built on Geronimo -1.0 , uses Tomcat as
the default container...!)

Any specific reasons... (technical / political) ...?...:-)

Thanks,

Santosh.

e-mail system.