geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Santosh Koti" <Santosh_K...@infosys.com>
Subject Struts related problem..!
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 10:36:25 GMT

Hi Guys,

I am trying to deploy  a sample application  to the WAS CE.

Deployment:

Following are the steps taken for deployement:

1.       Entity Beans got deployed (involved writing openejb-jar.xml for
entity/session beans).

2.       CMR relationships resolved

3.       Created DataBase pool through Database-deployment plan
(mydb-plan.xml file)

4.       Accordingly updated application.xml, Geronimo-appilcation.xml,

  Deployment Status: Properly deployed.

Runtime Testing:

  While testing the RI, we got the following errors:

     a) Struts-related - Problems:

                        Problem Description:

                          Server throws the following logs , every time
a jsp is called out. Basically we use tiles in our presentation layout.

                          The 'tiles' tag is not identified by the
server. As a result we cannot see any tiles on our JSPs.

1.       org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element type "controller" must
be declared.

2.       org.apache.commons.digester.Digester       - Parse Error at
line 864 column 70: Element type "message-resources" must be   declared.

      org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element type "message-resources"
must be declared.

3.    org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element type "plug-in" must be
declared.

4.    org.apache.commons.digester.Digester       - Parse Error at line
880 column 17: The content of element type "struts-config" must match
"(data-sources?,form-beans?,global-forwards?,action-mappings?)".

      org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of element type
"struts-config" must match "(data-sources?,form-beans?,global-

      forwards?,action-mappings?)".

Ofcourse from the log (point no.4) it clearly says that the
struts-config is compliant with older DTD version but not the latest
one. I don't know the same application was working fine in weblogic. Any
leads...?

Thanks in Advance..for ur help !

Thanks,

Santosh.